Manufacturers will go to great lengths to avoid liability when products they design and build cause the death of a loved one or serious injury to people. Enforcing accountability from negligent product makers help produce better products and strengthens consumer safety for everyone. Contact the Cuffie Law Firm if you, or someone you know, are the victim of a defective product.
We will provide legal advice and representation to clients pursuing a lawsuit against any and all parties responsible for damages caused by:
- Auto part defects causing car accidents, including tires and seatbelts, airbag malfunctions and brake failure that can lead to truck accidents.
- Faulty construction and industrial equipment, such as scaffolding, ladders, tools and vehicles in certain premises liability cases
- Dangerous household products like appliances, toys, cribs, and lawnmowers
- Defective medical devices, including defibrillators, heart pumps, x-ray machines and more
- Dangerous drugs such as over the counter medications and prescription drugs for a wide range of conditions.
Understanding Georgia Product Liability Law
There are three legal strategies in Georgia law under which a product manufacturer can be liable for wrongful death or serious personal injury resulting from a defective product:
- Strict Liability: Without proof of negligence, product makers can be held liable for damages to individuals and property when defective products they make and sell cause harm that is directly related to a faulty condition.
- Negligence: Product manufacturers can be held liable for dangerous design, improper testing or inspection, and failure to provide proper instructions, safety warnings or issue recalls.
- Implied Warranty: Georgia recognizes contract-based product liability claims under the Uniform Commercial Code, meaning products must adhere to the same intended use of the buyer and seller. A manufacturer’s employees are exempt from claims under the UCC.
Product liability cases can be complex. Our skilled attorneys will carefully investigate the accident, identifying all injuries and responsible parties. We will handle all insurance matters and help you recover the full measure of compensation you need and deserve to move on with your life. Contact the Cuffie Law Firm to learn more about how we can help you and your family hold product manufacturers liable for injuries.