Premises liability is the legal term for a property owner’s responsibility to make sure that others are not hurt when using the building or grounds as a visitor or guest. The classic slip and fall case is a common example of a premises liability accident scenario involving wet floors, oily pavements, or dark stairways. While a simple fall won’t normally result in serious injuries, it certainly can if the victim is an elderly person who fractures a hip.
If you have a claim for damages suffered because of unsafe property conditions, inadequate security, or negligent maintenance of buildings. Our Atlanta premises liability attorneys will investigate the circumstances of the accident and the full extent of your injuries to maximize the value of your case.
Very serious injuries resulting in major premises liability claims can more often result from:
- Carelessly stored construction debris
- Personal assaults occurring at unsafe residential or business premises
- Building code violations with balconies, stairways, and porches
- Unsupervised hotel or motel swimming pools
- Dangerous or defective rides resulting in amusement park accidents
- Uneven or potholed parking lots or driveways
- Unsecured excavation sites
- Collapsing ceilings, roofs, or overhead structures
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
We also represent plaintiffs in lawsuits involving dangerous conditions in community recreation centers and playgrounds. Because the defendant in such cases is often a local government, special rules apply to the timing and presentation of the claim. The Cuffie Law Firm also help victims of violent crimes in places like parking lots, hotel rooms, office buildings, or other areas where the property owner should have provided adequate security or surveillance.
For more information and a free consultation about your premises liability claim, contact the Georgia amusement park accident attorneys at the Cuffie Law Firm.